Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Bataan Bike Ride

We broke out the bikes this morning and explored Sanibel's numerous bike paths.  Alexis had the map.  We got lost.  10 miles later we were back at the marina courtesy of google maps on my I phone.  The saving grace is the marina delivered hot blueberry muffins and a newspaper to the boat.  We ate the muffins and threw the newspaper in the can.  We are headed north and looks like we will cross to Apalachicola on Thursday.

Well my version of the bataan bike ride is not the same.  Surprise! Surprise!  The map was left on the boat.  I did not have it.  We only got lost because Berwick didn't want to stay on the main drag (I understand that) and so we made a couple of left hand turns before we decided to check our location with his cell phone.  I have to admit, it was quite the ride. Two hours non-stop.  The gulf was hard to access.

No comments:

Post a Comment