Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Longboat Key

We had a great overnight at the Clearwater Municipal Marina.  Went to the beach and enjoyed the sights, and had a nice steak dinner at Beachcomber restaurant.  It had a piano bar... Too much happiness, after a long voyage!  Today, we headed to Longboat Key Moorings, a swank resort/marina.  We traveled with the Lady J, an older Hatteras, with some guys headed to Key Largo for the winter.  We turned into Longboat Pass, and they kept going.  Tonight we dine at Portafino's, the restaurant at the marina.  It looks nice.  The only mishap was my docking here today.  A manatee was right in front of my assigned slip, and would not move.  The dockmaster, seeing I was from Louisiana, reminded me not to run over it.  Trying to avoid it I whacked a piling that Alexis failed to fender off....  Swine manatee.
Florida ICW

Longboat Key

Sarasota skyline