Thursday, May 15, 2014

For the doubters among you. History, part two.

Some of you have insinuated I am “coloring” my history accounts of our stops.  Not true!  My imagination is not that good.  We are now at Beaufort (Bew-fort), South Carolina, as opposed to Beaufort (Bow-ford), North Carolina.  We passed by Hilton Head and Parris Island (the Marine Corps boot camp) on our way here.  Beaufort is a tourist destination, with a big military presence, and has  a state college.  It has a nice downtown marina and park and is about halfway between Savannah and Charleston.  Tomorrow we head to Charleston, and will visit my cousin Gayle, and family.


Beaufort’s history is as colorful as Savannah’s, and to not be doubted, I will let the pictures do the talking.  

City marina.

Reminder-click on the pic to enlarge.  I really could not make this up!  With ancestors like these, its amazing we are still not living in caves with blue face paint.  




Beaufort overcame its violent past, and now is a very nice stop.  This is the marina park.

Downtown shops and restaurants.  

1 comment:

  1. Au contraire-I think your imagination is quite vivid.

    ReplyDelete