Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Chihuly Collection Purchase (NOT)

 
Today, Tuesday, June 25, 2013, is our last day in St. Pete.  What a great city to visit.  We went to the Museum of Fine Arts.  They are in between exhibits and only had a photographic exhibit on the National Parks.  Old photographs by well know photographers.  Well worth the free brief visit.

Next we crossed the street to the Chihuly Collection Exhibit.  WOW! I can't describe what the artist has done in the medium of blown glass.  The pictures will speak for themselves.  Berwick mentioned that I should keep a look out for something I might like for my birthday.  I did, but LOL he said it was outside my gift budget.  MEN!

We then ventured to the sidewalk café for sorbet.  Luke (our 4 yr. old grandson who rathers sorbet over ice cream) would love this place.  Then back to the boat to cool off before venturing out for dinner.

Pond setting - depiction of various plants in glass.
 
After seeing the price of a rather large vase, I decided to shop elsewhere.  That's $32,000!

A really cool ceiling - various pieces resting on glass!


Thought of Melvin and his upside down tree decorations.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment