Friday, January 31, 2014

Little Farmers Cay


Little Farmers Cay reminds me of the Cocodrie or Four Point of my youth.  There is a nice anchorage, several beaches, and a quaint very small community that depends on boaters stopping by to stay afloat.  The entrance to the harbor is shallow, so no mega yachts here, which in my view is a good thing.  Not to be too stereotypical, but some owners or charters of the mega yachts seem to fit the profile of the ugly American. The crew are universally nice and helpful, although.  No underground utilities here and you can hear the town generator running at night.  No provisions, but two restaurants, and very nice people, and solitude not found at other Cays. 

Alexis, Stanwood and Janet arrive tomorrow, and I will be glad to see Alexis and Janet!  Due to the extremely slow wi fi here, each picture takes about 10 minutes to load, so I have to cut back on the pics.  
This restaurant sign says it all about the "don't worry be happy" attitude in the islands!

Local wood carvings.

This chap is a local artist who spent time with me explaining his wood carvings.  This is a rare conch he has glossed, and I knew Alexis would want to see it. 
Downtown.
Garbage is a big deal here, and most places charge to take it off your hands.  Some boaters have taken to burning it on the beach, which is about as bad as dumping it.  My Bayou Sale garbage days haunt me!

The town does have a great view!





1 comment:

  1. I believe the shell that guy is holding is called a Triton

    ReplyDelete